Saturday, August 6, 2011

Props to Chop Shop

So, I finally bit the bullet and chopped my hair off! Usually chopping my hair off is no big deal but this time I was a little hesitant. I think it's because I grew it out for the wedding and became weirdly attached to it. And let's be honest, having big bouffant hair is a whole lot of fun!

With a ton of prodding from my co-worker/friend, Lindsay, I decided it was time. Because I work in North Knoxville, I am a member of the North Knoxville Business and Professional Association. A few months ago I met the owner of the Aveda hair salon, Chop Shop, Cindylou Douglas. Chop Shop is located just down the street from where I work and I decided to check it out. As it turns out, they offer free hair cuts for "Locks of Love" donations. I was sold! I made my appointment and hoped for the best! 

Here is the before shot!

Tim Eisinger was my designated stylist for the day!

Chop

CHOP!

Didn't he do a great job? (I told him to act like my best friend!)

I was so impressed with Chop Shop! It all has to do with the details. For starters, Tim treated me like I was going to pay him a million dollars for my hair cut. My hair was his masterpiece. I love it when people take pride in their work. And for that, I'll be a  returning (paying) customer.  Smart man, that Tim!

And secondly, I was impressed with the entire staff and their ease. Extremely welcoming with no pretense. Surprisingly hard to find these days.

I love your shop, Cindylou! I'll be back.





2 comments:

  1. Love your hair Em! Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sooo sweet! Thank you for giving us a try. : )

    ReplyDelete